Sunday, December 30, 2007

10: The Christmas Mystery - Jostein Gaarder

Started: Saturday 1st December, 2007
Finished: Monday 24th December, 2007

I always enjoy Gaarder's books. The 'story within a story' aspect appeals to me, although he reuses it (in some people's opinions) too often. I make an effort to read this book each year, as a kind of advent calendar. The book is in 24 chapters, and each corresponds to a day in the advent calendar in the book. In fact, the hardest part is stopping myself from reading at the end of each chapter... it's so tempting to read just one more day. However, on this year's reread, the story seemed far more childish and simplistic. The religious nature of the book was also more obvious to me this time around, but I think that is more to do with me and my personal growth throughout the year.
Rating: 3/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home