Sunday, December 30, 2007

11: The Bible

Started: Monday 1st January, 2007
Finished: Monday 31st January, 2007

It's one of those things you have to do before you die. And now I've done it. And I'm pretty underwhelmed. I listened to the Daily Audio Bible Podcast every day for a year, and I didn't really get much out of the experience except for (much needed) practice in self discipline. I suppose it would probably have meant more to me if I were a Christian, but even so, I expected a bit more. I did enjoy Genesis, and the Gospels, many of the Psalms and Proverbs were thought provoking, but I found that I already knew all the best bits, they're all part of pop culture trivia and Religion classes. I was also really looking forward to Revelation, having heard so much about how spooky it was, and although it had some fantastic imageryof the apocalyse, I was again, left unimpressed.
If I were to do it again (which I won't rule out completely, a lifetime is a long time) I would definitely use a study guide or something to help with understanding what I'm reading. I found many contradictions in the actions and words of God and Jesus that I would have liked to understand better.
Rating: 1/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home